BECOME A PATIENT AMBASSADOR
SHARE YOUR DUKE CHILDREN'S STORY
If your child is a current or former patient and you are looking for a way to deepen your connection to Duke Children’s, consider becoming a Duke Children’s Patient Ambassador.
Families who join our Patient Ambassador Program are presented a variety of opportunities to get involved with fundraising and awareness campaigns throughout the year. Patient family involvement in these events and activities helps strengthen our donors’ connection to Duke Children’s, ultimately helping us to raise more support for clinical programs, research, and other areas at Duke Children’s that need funding.
A few ways you can get involved:
- Allow us to share your child’s story publicly
- Attend special events across the state that benefit Duke Children’s
- Speak about your child’s story at events – large and small
- Participate in print, radio, or television interviews about your experience
- Visit fundraising partners across the state to say thank you
- Write thank you cards and make thank you phone calls
Not being able to participate in some of the physical activities of other middle school kids can be crushing. But Benjamin's being a patient ambassador gives him an understanding of a bigger world. Being an ambassador reminds him he is more than his pain.
To learn more about becoming a Duke Children’s Patient Ambassador, please fill out the form below and we will be in touch with you soon!
If you have additional questions about the Patient Ambassador Program, please contact the Duke Children's Development Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.