Toys, Books, and Items
Thank you for considering Duke Children’s for your in-kind donation of toys, books, or other items. The Duke Children’s Child Life pediatric care team would be happy to receive your donation items. Please contact them at email@example.com for information about items that can and cannot be accepted, drop-off policies, and how to coordinate your donation.
Winter 2021 needs:
Child Life - Snow Blitz
Snow Blitz, the annual December toy drive at Duke Children's, is coming up! COVID-19 has impacted the way we do our yearly Snow Blitz December gift giving event. In an effort to reduce community spread, we are asking that donors who want to give toys of gifts have them shipped directly to the hospital. We always need teen and infant items as those are our biggest patient populations, but would love items appropriate to any age group. Items must be new and in their original packaging. We cannot accept handmade items, gently used items, or donations made in person. Please ship items directly to:
Child Life Team
Attn: Snow Blitz
2301 Erwin Road
Durham, NC 27710
A wish list of items by age group is below. A reminder that all items must be new. You can also purchase items directly from Child Life's Amazon Wishlist.
Infant & Toddler:
- Light Up/Musical Toys
- “Sassy”, “Infantino” or “Tiny Love” brand toys
- Crib mobiles & mirrors
- Stack and sort blocks and stack rings
- Board books & nursery rhyme books
- Infant blankets, swaddles, and clothing (hats, booties, onesies)
- Soft balls (Gertie, Nerf)
- Wooden puzzles
Preschool & School Age:
- Legos (including Duplos & Bionicles
- Figurines/action figures of popular characters
- Popular board games
- Baby dolls and Barbies
- Plastic dinosaurs, people, bugs, etc.
- Fisher Price Doctor Kits
- Match box cars, trains, etc.
- Small “Nerf” style balls
- Leap Frog and V-Tech Toys
- Play Doh brand only
- Coloring/activity sets with paper, decorations, markers, and colored pencils
- Card games
- Popular NEW G and PG movies
- Portable DVD players
- Other small electronics and accessories (MP3 players, portable speakers, headphones, portable chargers, etc.)
- Popular new PG-13 movies (English and Spanish)
- NEW Bestselling Teen Books
- NEW video games (Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, Wii)
- Gel pens, colored pencils, markers, etc.
- Word finds and puzzle/Sudoku books
- Journals and scrapbooking kits
- Sports clothing, T-shirts, hats, bath robes, etc. ALL sizes
- Teen-sized blankets, fun pillows, socks
- Makeup, chapstick, nail polish, etc.
- Playing cards and board games (UNO, Skip Bo, Apples to Apples, Mastermind, Monopoly etc.)
Child life- General
In a continued effort to protect our patients, families, and staff during COVID; we are restricted to donations that are ordered online and directly shipped from the vendor to Duke Children’s Hospital. We can accept new items from Amazon, Target, Walmart, etc. We are currently unable to accept any handmade items or items from individual homes; in addition, we cannot accept donations in person. Please ship all new donations to the address below:
Child Life Department
Room 5246 Duke North
2301 Erwin Rd
Durham, NC 27710
You can also purchase items from our Walmart Registry for Good Wishlist -- an easy way to support the needs of Child Life Specialists who are always looking for new materials for activities and play at the hospital. It couldn't be easier: visit our registry, pick and purchase your items, and have your donation shipped directly to the hospital!
PTCT Family Support Program
The Duke Children's Pediatric Transplant and Cellular Therapy Family Support Program regularly needs materials to support patients and caregivers on the unit. Please visit their Amazon Wishlist for a regularly-updated list of needed items.